5 More Female Orgasm Myths You Think Are TRUE

A female orgasm is associated with a lot of myths. Here are 5 of the most common myths that men think are true.

1. Women Can Only Reach Orgasm Through Vaginal Intercourse

This is a myth that has caused many men and women over the years to take the sexual needs of a woman for granted. This myth was actually started by Sigmund Freud, the developer of psychoanalysis. Through his research, he discovered that women could easily reach orgasm through clitoral stimulation.

But Freud dismissed this type of stimulation as juvenile, as he believed it was important for women to become more sexually mature by focusing only on vaginal stimulation to reach orgasms. The problem is that the vagina was not designed for orgasms. It does not have the concentrated nerve endings that one finds in the clitoris or in the head of a penis.

As a result of Freud’s determination, women who could not reach orgasm through vaginal intercourse were considered to have some type of psychological impairment. All sorts of methods and devices were devised in an attempt to “liberate” women from their reliance on the clitoris for sexual pleasure, many of which failed.

2. Only Women Fake Orgasms

It’s important for both men and women to realize that orgasms are not going to happen during every sexual encounter. As a result, women aren’t the only ones faking things. Studies show that about one-fifth of men admit to having a fake orgasm with a partner at one time or another.

Their reasons were the same as women’s: they didn’t want to hurt their partner’s feelings, they were tired and wanted to get it over with, etc. Orgasms don’t always come easily in a partnership. Even though masturbation often results in an orgasm every time, it’s important to remember that it’s simply because you’re already feeling aroused (which is the reason you’re masturbating in the first place) and you also know your body and what gets you off.

3. Men Only Care About Their Own Pleasure

This myth was probably true at some point in the past, but today more and more men worry about their role as lovers. Many strive to give their partners a sexual experience that’s just as pleasurable (if not more) as what they hope to experience themselves.

The only reason this myth continues to persist is a lack of understanding of female climax and how to help women achieve them. This isn’t something men and women are taught in sex education classes. And even if you asked your father, you’d probably still be left in the dark.

Every woman’s body is different, so even if you figured out how to give one partner mind-blowing orgasms, those same techniques might not work with another.

The key to knowing what’s sexually stimulating to your partner is communication. In an honest, caring relationship, the easier it is to share your thoughts and feelings, the easier it will be to experience a pleasurable sex life.

4. Most Couples Have Great Sex Every Time

Why does everyone else’s sex life appear to be better than yours? It could be because you’re at different stages of your relationships. You can’t compare sex from a six-month relationship to a six-year-been-there-done-that relationship. Our nervous system is designed to become desensitized to things that we routinely receive stimulation from. That’s not to say that long-term sex can’t be as pleasing—it’s just different.

If you and your lady know all the right buttons to push with each other (and you should after all that practice!), orgasm is often guaranteed and sex can still be very loving and passionate. My guess is that you wouldn’t be able to hold down a job with the amount of energy it would take you to sustain such a sex life.

5. Sex Is The Most Important Part Of A Relationship

Couples can only spend so much time in a relationship having sex. So if you love someone for more than just sex, you have no choice but to relate to each other on other levels. Sex is, indeed, a very important part of a relationship. However, most people (including men) have other needs, usually divided equally.

When you look at it this way, although sex tends to be a man’s number one need, it still accounts for only 25% of what he needs in life to be happy. Based on a variety of surveys and studies on long term relationships, approximately 20% of men believe that mind-blowing sex is “crucial,” whereas the other 80% look at it as “the icing on the cake” of a healthy relationship.


Related Articles

read more articles on Orgasm