People ask me all the time how to have a great relationship, how to date successfully, or meet someone and start a healthy dating pattern. I usually ask them the same two questions: What do you want, and what are you willing to do about it? Then I direct them to my Relationship Aptitude Test, or RAT, which helps you smell a rat—or find out if you are one. It’s multiple choice. Take your time.
When is it okay to date someone who is already in a relationship?
1. Human beings are not monogamous creatures
2. As long as they don’t really want to be with that person
3. I’d rather wait until they are available
How long should you wait before you get sexually intimate with someone?
1. It depends on how well I know the person
2. If it feels good, do it
3. Two or three dates, unless it’s love at first sight
Does it matter how someone’s relationships have ended in the past?
1. Some people just bring out the worst in each other
2. That was then and this is now
3. I am attracted to people who keep their side of the street clean
Does God matter in a relationship?
1.Not believing in God doesn’t make you a bad person
2.I think it’s key to a relationship to be spiritually compatible
3.To each his own
When you should bring up marriage or commitment?
1. Be upfront about what you want; you both deserve that
2. You should just go with the flow
3. Not until you’re sure it won’t scare them away
At what point do you talk about kids or birth control?
1. Love me, love my kids; and know that whatever I do, I am responsible for
2. If you have ‘em, wait to bring them up; if you don’t, wait until they mention it
3. Have a condom and don’t say anything you’ll regret later
When and how do you talk about STDs?
1. I would assume someone would tell me if they were sick or had some disease
2. ASAP and gracefully
3. You can tell when people are clean and healthy—and always bring a condom
Does it matter if someone you are with has been incarcerated?
1. Everyone deserves a second chance
2. As long as it wasn’t murder
3. Depends on what for
Does everyone need a purpose in life?
1. I just want them to be happy
2. Absolutely—or in sincere pursuit
3. As long as it isn’t me
Do you believe in Happily Ever After?
1. I don’t need to anymore
2. I believe in the pre-nuptial agreements
3. Sure, who doesn’t want that?
Tally up your points with the key below and mail your score to info-at-maryannelive.com, and we’ll send you the results. Find out if you need an X-termination, need to lay off the cheese, or if you are a cheese connoisseur!
Q 1: 1) 2 points, 2) 1 point, 3) 3 points
Q 2: 1). 3 points, 2) 2 points, 3) 1 point
Q 3: 1) 1 point, 2) 2 points, 3) 3 points
Q 4: 1) 1 point, 2) 3 points, 3) 2 points
Q 5: 1) 3 points, 2) 2 points, 3) 1 point
Q 6: 1) 3 points, 2) 1 point, 3) 2 points
Q 7: 1) 1 point, 2) 3 points, 3) 2 points
Q 8: 1) 1 point, 2) 2 points, 3) 3 points
Q 9: 1) 1 point, 2) 3 points, 3) 2 points
Q 10: 1) 3 points, 2) 2 points, 1) 1 point